DIY Custom Coffee Mugs with Artistro Paint Markers
Whether you want to update an unadorned cup or mug for yourself or create a useful handmade gift for someone you love, you can customize a beverage container surface easily with odor-free, non-toxic, water-resistant Artistro ceramic markers and some basic supplies. By following our simple instructions, you’ll become a master of this bake on ceramic marker DIY mug craft in no time! Don’t look for Custom Coffee Mugs, make your own!
- Gather your supplies. You will need a ceramic mug, tape, a pencil, one of our printable quotes and Artistro markers in the vibrant colors of your choice. Download the quote design on plain printer paper.
- Prepare the design for transfer. Trim the printer paper until the design area is the size of the spot on the mug where you want the quote. Lay the paper face-down on a flat tabletop. Then gently rub the blank back with a pencil until you have covered it entirely with graphite.
- Affix the design paper to the mug. Position the quote paper on the surface of the mug with the graphite facing the mug and the design facing you. Tape the paper to the mug.
- Transfer the design. Treat the quote design paper like transfer paper and firmly rub every line of the quote with a pencil so that the graphite on the back of the paper sticks to the mug surface.
- Apply the marker ink. Remove the paper and tape from the mug. Check that you can see the lines of the design and then draw on them with your Artistro markers in any way desired. For example, color the design with one color or add two colors as shown. When you’re finished, set the mug aside for at least 10 to 15 minutes to allow the design to dry.
- Cure the design. You must bake the acrylic ink onto the mug’s surface to make it permanent. Place the mug in the center of a cool oven. Bake it for 20 to 25 minutes at 310 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Turn off the oven and open the door then allow the mug to cool down.