I love the colors, I love the opacity of Artistro extra-fine tipped paint pens and I really like the tip on them and they have different sizes if you want to work on a bigger piece... overall a big fan
I love Artistro and definitely will continue to use these markers. I love that they are versatile when choosing what to draw on.
With Artistro paint pens, you get the full range of values from dark to light, from bright to dull. Artistro paint pens help to reveal your personality with your artwork!
Advantages of acrylic paint markers
In addition to acrylic paint pens, there are many types of acrylic markers these days, and it is very difficult for a beginner artist to make a choice. Markers are no longer narrow-end tools, and today the range of their application is huge. Basically, an acrylic paint marker or other acrylic pen tool is a plastic case containing ink and a colored rod made of porous fibers or a plastic flask filled with a specific type of ink. Acrylic markers can be based on alcohol, water, acrylic, or chalk. Therefore, an acrylic paint marker is also called water-based. Each composition is better suited for a specific task. Acrylic paint markers are different: office, art, child acrylic markers, and other types. Based on your preferences and financial wealth, you need to decide which acrylic marker pens are better to buy. However, it is important to understand that a good acrylic paint pen is a special tool for the artist, so you should not expect the same effect from standard cheap stationery acrylic markers, because the purpose and production of each of these acrylic pens is different.
Acrylic paint pens perform an opaque and durable stroke. Their main advantage is the ability to paint on any surfaces, covering them with a thin but dense layer of paint. In addition, Artistro acrylic paint pens do not wash with water after drying. They can be a great substitute or addition to acrylic paints. In this case, you do not need to use brushes and palettes, since acrylic paint pens can be mixed directly on paper or canvas. An acrylic pen consists of a body, an inner part (it looks like a dense sponge soaked in ink) and a nib (different types and thicknesses, quantities) with a lid. Note that some acrylic marker manufacturers offer double-sided acrylic marker pens or replacement nibs of different thicknesses. The most expensive parts of acrylic markers are the nib and ink. When choosing good acrylic paint pens, it is better to pre-read reviews; find ready-made artworks made with various materials on the Internet. It should be noted that the color of the stroke changes slightly as the acrylic paint marker ink dries. In some cases, this can be noticeable, so pay special attention to choosing a full palette of acrylic paint pens. These pens, including acrylic paint pens for rocks and acrylic pens for rock painting, should be carefully chosen to ensure they meet your specific needs.
Helpful tips for choosing acrylic paint pens
The best acrylic paint markers from different manufacturers should go well with each other: mix on paper, be approximately the same in ink quality and performance under equal conditions. Some brands distinguish acrylic paint pen for canvas and acrylic markers for glass separately; while Artistro has replaced them with universal acrylic paint markers that work equally well on all surfaces.
There are several important aspects to consider when choosing acrylic paint pens:
- The most active part of the acrylic paint pen is its tip. They are different in shape, but regardless of the format and size, they should not collapse or shaggy, quickly fail. Also, the tip of the acrylic paint marker should not be too soft (this leads to loss of control) or too hard.
- An important point is the ability to replace the tip of any acrylic paint markers with a replaceable one if necessary.
- The larger the color palette of acrylic paint pens, the more opportunities it gives for artistic ideas. Since we all have our own preferences for our favorite shades and color nuances, it is important to pay attention and choose acrylic marker pens of the colors you need.
- Note that sometimes the desired shade can be obtained by superimposing several others in the picture, but for this you need to know very well all the possibilities of mixing your acrylic pen palette.
- It is worth focusing on how the acrylic paint pen ink reacts with other materials. For example: with a white gel pen and with liners. Does the acrylic paint marker react with the pen? Will the liner sketch smear with the acrylic pen? Do acrylic pens and acrylic work well together? The materials you have selected must be tested before use.
Summarizing all of the above, you will come to an understanding of which acrylic paint markers best suit your needs.