June is approaching, and Independence Day will soon come, which means that patriotic slogans and waving flags will dazzle on every corner again. How to celebrate this holiday so that you can create a festival atmosphere, but at the same time maintain the tone of a patriotic holiday? The best way is to create themed crafts and DIY projects with the whole family.
To create the most original and patriotic painted rocks according to our instructions, you will need some art supplies. Prepare the following materials in advance:
- sketches or stencils with thematic drawings (if necessary)
- set of 30 medium tip acrylic paint marker pens
- flat round stones for painting
At the preparatory stage, you need to take care of the quality of working materials, which means rocks for painting. If you do not have the opportunity to purchase ready-made stones in a set, you can find and process them yourself.
Here are some helpful tips before you get started:
- Choose only smooth and non-porous rocks, this will make your work comfortable.
- Before painting, wash stones thoroughly with soapy water and dry.
- For the best effect, painted rocks can be sealed with varnish or fixative.
After that, it's time to move on to creating colored 4th of july painted rocks.
How to paint rocks for Independence Day step by step:
1. Tint the surface of the stone with a white marker or paint completely.
2. In the center of the stone, draw a blue star with a light blue marker.
3. Form a kind of ribbons around the star by adding red dots using a bright red marker.
4. Use white extra fine paint pen to write a wish in the middle of the star.
Done! It's time to replenish the collection of patriotic stones with your new works. Create some other 4th of July rock designs from the list we suggested:
- Heart with symbolic flag designs and lettering
- White and red waving flag
- Bright white stars on a blue background (using the tiniest stones)
Happy 4th of July! Enjoy our DIY painted rock designs devoted to Independence Day.