Table of Contents:
Breathe new life into your old mug! Why spend extra money on buying new tableware when you can create a completely new and colorful table set with your own hands? You can take any old mug and decorate it at home with materials at hand, getting an original homemade souvenir in just a couple of hours. We will tell you how to paint ceramic mugs professionally.
Interesting cup painting ideas
Christmas mug painting ideas
These cute mug designs are sure to be both a great gift for your loved ones and a decoration of the festive table to the envy of all guests. And don't forget to use golden extra fine point paint pens to add sparkly lettering with your Christmas wishes.
Ocean Boss mug painting
Even in the depths of the sea, there is a clear hierarchy. Remind the dearest yourself who the main boss on the land is today. This themed painting is worthy only of the most serious land chef!
Girl's best friend mug painting
Want to present luxury jewelry to your loved one, but don't have enough funding? We have already prepared a great alternative for you: a bright faceted gift diamond .... on her favorite cup!
BatMug mug painting
Create a cool DIY BatMug design of your own. It will be a stylish and useful gadget that will be loved by both adults and children. This is not the cup you need, but the one you deserve.
Delicious cup painting ideas
Cappuccino brake mug painting
The perfect solution for all dog persons and coffee enthusiasts to combine two favorite activities in one. Spend time with your cute pug pet while preparing breakfast or relaxing during your lunch break.
Nutella timeout mug painting
The sweetest coffee mug format is themed diy hand painted mugs with Nutella icon! What appeals better with your morning coffee than a scented fresh bread with a generous dose of Nutella butter?
Cookie Milky Way mug painting
For all those who are used to start a new day with a healthy glass of milk and favorite cookies, we have come up with this special design. This milk and cookies mug will help you enjoy your favorite delicacy even at work when out of the reach of your favorite delicacies.
Bittersweet love mug painting
To surprise your better half, show your creativity and prepare an unusual handmade gift. This pair of Valentine's day coffee mugs will help strengthen your relationship and create a unique sweet-hot soul bond between you!
Best friends mug painting
Who is a man's best friend? Everyone knows it's a dog. Who is a dog's best friend? Of course, an appetizing donut with sweet frosting and cream! This picture of best friends is sure to cheer you up during your tea drinking.
Sweet dreams mug painting
Do you like indulging in sweet dreams? Don't hold yourself back! Picture those sweet dreams right on the cup and enjoy them daily. Dream with doughnut mug without the risk of adding extra calories :)
Cute mug painting ideas with lettering
Warm hugs mug painting
What could be better than a cup of aromatic coffee and warm hugs? Only if you combine these two conditions into one, using our coffee mug painting idea! This simple classic lettering warms not only your coffee, but your soul as well.
From Ireland with love mug painting
For connoisseurs of the mysterious Irish soul and all the lovers of fun, fascinating fables, there is a simple recipe to express this. Just use the magic of cup painting to open your wide soul to the world.
Hogwarts coffee mug painting
And this cute painting will undoubtedly appeal to Harry Potter fans, as well as to all those who believe in magic. Treat yourself to such a little joy; just add a drop of magic to your favorite coffee!
Friendship mug painting
True friendship does not need pretentious speeches and loud statements, but simple and sincere gestures. Your friend will love this simple yet soulful gift cup design.
Pretty woman mug painting
How to make a girl happy? Compliment her by making her smile. After all, the secret is simple: happy girls are the most beautiful!
Under the sea mug painting
Attracted by the mysterious singing of sirens and the beauty of the sea? Enjoy the exciting life under the sea every day with our unique cup design!
Pattern cup painting ideas
Rainbow dots mug painting
Don't believe it is possible to make a rainbow without the help of rain? Then this simple design is for you. Create it yourself and enjoy the bright rainbow even on a winter day!
Blooming mug painting
Looking for simple yet mesmerizing cup painting ideas? There is nothing simpler and more attractive than an elegant gold painting on a black varnished mug!
Starry lovely mug painting ideas
Start your creative journey with small victories. When start creating diy custom coffee mugs, try simple patterns like hearts or stars first, and see how they can transform your tableware.
Minecraft mug painting
This design is a real find for Minecraft and Tetris gamers. They will be able to spend more than one hour creating and solving this exciting puzzle for all co-gamers to envy.
Darker than Black mug painting
Black ceramic mugs are the greatest solution for true champions of the classics and connoisseurs of elegant style. Add sophistication to your cookware using gold and silver patterns with the slightest hint of nostalgia.
Warm memories mug painting
When there is a blizzard outside and the soul is snowbound, it's time to warm up with a cup of hot cocoa and cute painted mittens made on it with your own hands.
Easy mug painting ideas for beginners
Lady boss mug painting
A real woman is capable of being both, a sophisticated lady and a tough boss at the same time. Accentuate your true status by painting this fun ceramic cup to showcase your true inner masculinity.
Zodiac starlight mug painting
If you managed to learn all the signs of the constellations and unravel the secrets of neighboring galaxies, it's time to move to a new level: creating your own constellations! All you need to do this is an old cup and a set of golden markers.
Team daddy mug painting
Sometimes it is so difficult to express in words your feelings about your father, without violating his courageous role, that it is easier to portray your gratitude in the form of a picture. And it is better to put this drawing on your dad's favorite cup!
Fiesta mug painting
It's time to relax after a hard working day and plunge into the merry rage of a real fiesta! And if sunny Spain is far away, it doesn't matter, you can always breathe the spirit of the holiday into your favorite cup with your own hands.
Favorite of the sun mug painting
Add a warm spring atmosphere to your interior by decorating the cup with cheerful spring patterns. And don't forget to add more freckles as a sign that the sun loves you!
Dream big mug painting
Simple plain cups seem too boring? This is the last century, it's time to show your taste and create a stylish motivational design with your own hands.
Beautiful landscape cup painting ideas
Forest midnight mug painting
Do you like beautiful mesmerizing landscapes and admire the magical full moon? Draw a starry sky in a dense forest with your own hands and enjoy your favorite night landscape at any time!
Space impact mug painting
Are you dreaming of going on a dizzying journey enjoying the beauty of the Earth from a bird's eye view? It's time to make a balloon with your own hands. We have already prepared a suitable blueprint for you, just use it.
Tourist mug painting
A true travel enthusiast knows that no hike is complete without a hot drink on the road. Drink coffee in style without involving outdated thermoses with a new tourist handmade coffee cup!
Seeker of adventures mug painting
Adventurer's first rule: never stop looking for adventure. Adventurer's second rule states: always take a cup of your favorite hot drink with you. Don't forget to make a unique custom paper cup to enjoy your coffee at the top of the conquered mountain peak!
Motivational quote cup painting ideas
Just DO IT mug painting
Sometimes what we lack for great accomplishments is a refreshing cup of coffee in the morning and a little motivation. We have found a recipe for how to combine this into one: behold the universal motivational diy coffee mug design!
Traffic light mug painting
Just as traffic lights can be a decisive factor in your life, a simple wish sometimes decides a lot. Create this easy lettering to please yourself and your loved ones with a motivational quote.
No doubts mug painting
If for some reason you are tormented by doubts about any issue, just relax and drink a cup of aromatic coffee from your favorite No doubts cup. All doubts will be dispelled immediately.
Sweet melon mug painting
For all those with a sweet tooth and fans of juicy watermelons, we've come up with this easy way to paint themed cups. You can take any of single color mugs to paint at home using this idea.
Morning exercise mug painting
Remind yourself of the importance of gymnastics and daily positive practice with this simple yet smiling lettering!
Smiley mug painting
Want to know the secret of how to smile every time you have a lunch break? The answer is simple: write this simple but golden rule right on your favorite cup!
Shape of Love mug painting
Love can take different forms and images depending on the shape of the hearts of the two people involved in it. But one thing remains unchanged: love is hope and faith.
Beloved mug painting
Tell your loved one about your feelings in an original manner. Heart-to-heart gold lettering and cute heart-shaped figures on a handmade cup will help you with this.
May blossom mug painting
This design is perfect for all spring season birthday people and Star Wars fans. Boast to all your friends about the power of the May blossom!
Useful mug painting tips:
- You can draw with different types of markers; they all work well on ceramics.
- After finishing the project, you need to wait for the drawing to dry well; drying time depends on the thickness of the paint layer.
- Regarding colors, it is advisable to choose colors that contrast with the color of the cup so that the pattern is more noticeable.
- To seal the design, put the mug in a cold oven, turn on the maximum temperature, and leave the mug there for about an hour. Then turn off the oven and leave the mug there until it cools down completely and only then take it out of the oven. In no case take out a still hot mug, since it can crack from the temperature drop.
- It is recommended to wash the cup manually.
- Before applying the pattern, the mug can be degreased by rubbing with alcohol.
- It is better to start lettering with a thin marker. They can both write thinly and make thickening where necessary.
- Before applying, you need to shake the marker well to shake up the paint inside it.
- If you want to change the default color of the cup, use acrylic paint set to tint its entire surface.
- The main secret: you can erase the drawing immediately with a solvent if something went wrong, and draw everything from the very beginning.
How to make a beautiful lettering mug painting
1. Gather your supplies. You will need a plain ceramic mug, self-adhesive tape, a lead pencil, your favorite quote pre-printed on paper, and one Artistro colorful marker set of your choice. You can come up with an interesting lettering yourself or download a ready-made quote from the Internet.
2. Prepare the design for transfer. Crop the printed paper until the lettering area adjusts to fit on the cup where you want to place the quote. Place the paper front side down on a flat surface. Then, gently rub the lettering area with a pencil until it is completely covered with graphite.
3. Glue the lettering sketch onto the mug. Place the quotation sheet on the surface of the mug with the right side facing you and the graphite side facing the mug. Then glue it to the mug using tape.
4. Transfer the design. Trace each letter of the quote several times with a pencil firmly so that the graphite on the back of the paper sticks to the surface of the mug.
5. Trace the lettering with colored markers. Peel off the tape and paper from the mug. Make sure you can clearly see all the lines of each letter, and then repeat them with colored markers. Color the lettering with one or more different markers of your choice. When you're done, wait at least 10-15 minutes for the design to dry.
6. Seal the mug painting. To make the design permanent, just bake the mug in the oven. Place the mug in the center of a cool oven and bake for at least an hour at 310-350 degrees Fahrenheit (160-180 Celsius). Turn off the oven and open the door, then let the mug cool down completely.